We have gathered a variety of resources and information. We hope this information will be useful to you. (Web site links are in ).
Designing for Pedestrians
The links below connect you to information on Best Practice designs for pedestrian infrastructure.
Pedestrian Facts for Santa Cruz
These links connect you to information about the state of the pedestrian infrastructure in Santa Cruz.
Things you can do
Here are some links that may help you to make walking easier in Santa Cruz.
- Report a pedestrian hazard. This link takes you to the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission bicycle and pedestrian hazard report form. You can report any bicycle or pedestrian hazard you see in the County or any of our Cities. The Commission staff will direct your report to the appropriate local officials. Wheelchair hazards ARE pedestrian issues. It is important to report all hazards. Local officials often are not aware of a problem until it is reported.
Other pedestrian organizations
The following links will take you to web sites for pedestrian organizations in California, the U.S., and around the World. You can see what other groups are doing to make walking easier.
- America Walks – America Walks is a national resource which fosters walkable communities by engaging, educating, and connecting walking advocates.
- California WALKS – Our statewide walking organization. California WALKS is a statewide organization of affiliated nonprofit and volunteer groups dedicated to creating healthy, safe, and walkable communities.
- Walk San Francisco – San Francisco’s Pedestrian Advocacy Organization.
- Every Body Walk! – Every Body Walk! is an online educational campaign aimed at getting Americans up and moving.
Here are contacts for local various government agencies. Contact them if you have pedestrian suggestions, concerns, questions, or information.
- Santa Cruz Traffic Engineering Department